God has given us the ability to make lots of choices.
- You have the freedom to watch a certain program… Is that a good use of your time?
- You have the liberty to surf the Internet all day… Is there a better use of your talents?
- You have the freedom to eat that donut… Is this best for your body the temple of the Holy Spirit?
Just because someone else can do it doesn’t mean we can or should.
Looking at it one way, you could say, “Anything goes. Because of God’s immense generosity and grace, we don’t have to dissect and scrutinize every action to see if it will pass muster.” But the point is not to just get by. We want to live well, but our foremost efforts should be to help others live well. ~ 1 Corinthians 10:23 MSG
We must check our choices:
- Is this choice leading to something good in your life?
- Is this choice leading to something good in someone else’s life?
It isn’t about whether something is right or wrong. It’s about getting God’s blessing.
It’s about getting the best life He has available for us. God is a gentleman He won’t force us to choose something good. It’s up to us. It’s OUR choice!
We must decide what we want Good, Better or Best?
Do we want to live a mediocre life, just barely getting by until Jesus takes us to heaven?
Or do we want to sacrifice our free will on the altar of our transformation and allow God to change us and improve us through the best choices He wants for us?
Is the altar of sacrifice calling you? Let’s ask God to bind us to His altar so we will never be tempted to turn away from a life fully dedicated to Him.