Inadequacy, Inferiority, Low Self-esteem, Poor Self-worth, Self-loathing…
These and other related emotional issues are prevalent in our society today not just among young girls, tweens and adolescents, but women of all ages from all walks of life.
The media and culture has created unattainable standards of beauty, power, wealth and fame that also trigger feelings of inadequacy. Even though we’re healthy and have all our basic needs met, we obsess over our body, clothes, job, and possessions, worried that they don’t measure up.
Do you struggle with inadequacy, low self-worth, inferiority? Are you…
- Fearful of failure and avoid taking risks
- Desperate for approval from others
- Unable to set boundaries
- Ashamed of your background
- Unhappy with personal appearance and achievements
- Constantly comparing yourself to others
How can we get off this treadmill of torture, depression and despair?
Read aloud and receive the following 7 truths about yourself:
- I accept God’s Word that I am created in His image. (Genesis 1:27)
- I accept myself as being acceptable to Christ. (Romans 15:7)
- I accept what I cannot change about myself. (Romans 9:20-21)
- I accept the fact that I will make mistakes. (Philippians 3:12-14)
- I accept criticism and the responsibility for failure. (Psalm 32:5)
- I accept that I will not be liked or loved by everyone. (John 15:18,20)
- I accept the unchangeable circumstances in my life. (Philippians 4:11)
The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be His people, his treasured possession. ~ Deuteronomy 7:6
In 2005, fresh out of addiction and feeling completely unworthy of God’s love, I was blown away with the revelation that I Am A Friend Of God. This is still one of my favorite worship songs. I hope you enjoy this music video by @IsraelHoughton as you soak up God’s love for you! Blessings! http://youtu.be/ZXFi6lUUz5s